Guernsey Employment Trust operates a Job Club at The Fort Complex. Our Job Club provides the resources that job seekers require to undertake a comprehensive job search. A wide range of job seekers access Job Club and our service is flexible to meet the needs of individuals.
In the main, people using our Job Clubs are unemployed, however, our service is available for people who are currently employed and looking to change job.
We have a range of up to date equipment to enable people to fully participate in their job search activities. Our computers are internet enabled and some have specialist packages designed to assist sensory impaired users. We have a loop system and our offices are fully accessible. In addition to being given a personal copy of our job search guide we will also provide stationery and postage for all job search correspondence and, you will have access to our resource library that holds lots of useful information, in a variety of formats, such as business directories and interview techniques material.
A summary of Job Club activities is as follows:
- Developing a personal action plan
- Compilation of a Curriculum Vitae
- Provision of support, guidance and direction with job search
- Assistance completing job application forms
- Developing effective interview techniques and personal presentation
- Access to other Guernsey Employment Trust services including Work Experience Placements
- Regular reviews of progress